Post Covid-19 Office Cleaning
Regular office cleaning and workplace hygiene is crucial in slowing and stopping the spread of bacteria and viral illness. Regular hand washing is the best way to stop the spread of the disease as every time you touch a phone, touch your keyboard, touch a mouse – you are effectively spreading germs. If you consider the number of communal items and areas that you encounter every day, from phones to door handles, kitchens and kettles and the number of people besides yourself who also encounter them – the risk for germ transfer and bacteria build up is phenomenal. The Covid-19 virus can survive on surfaces for up to 3 days, which makes regular cleaning and proper workplace hygiene vital.
Snowdrop Services have put together some guidelines and suggestions to help reduce the risk of Covid-19 spreading once you are back into your office workplace setting.
- Have a strict clear desk policy so that we can give all desks an anti-bacterial clean. The average desk has one of the highest bacteria levels in any office, so this is important.
- We can clean all the areas previously missed or did not have regular cleaning such as chairs and storage cabinets.
- Provide the correct wipes for workers to clean their keyboards, desk phones and mobile phones on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all staff are regularly washing their hands.
- Provide hand sanitiser and disposable tissues at each desk and possibly provide separate pedal bin for used tissues.
- Avoid workers eating at their desk as there is a risk of bacteria spreading, especially if eating and typing intermittently. Allow for staggered lunch breaks to avoid staff rooms from being too busy.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Ensure that all crockery, cups and cutlery are washed properly/put through the dishwasher to avoid any spreads of bacteria and illness.
- Remove magazines and newspapers from waiting areas/staff areas to avoid the spread of bacteria and germs
- Ensure that ventilation systems are regularly and properly maintained.
- Ask staff to avoid public transport, if unavoidable, allow them to come in early/late to avoid busy times.
- Have periodic cleaning of material chairs and sofas.
- Remind staff and contractors to stick to the 2m distancing rule
- We work with contractors that supply and fit Perspex screens which can be placed in between desks. Ideal if you have limited office space and cannot adhere to the 2m rule.
If you would like to speak to us about regular office cleaning or a deep clean of your office before the staff return to work, please get in touch via email at email@example.com or call at 0131 653 6926 or drop us a message on our contact form.